Move over, pumpkin spice.
There’s a new spice love in town.
You deserve a muffin, my friend. Or maybe two. Or maybe even six.
That’s how many this recipe makes: just six.
And would you believe it: these muffins are kinda wholesome.
It’s true! With ingredients like applesauce, dates, and oats, I won’t even try to convince you I didn’t muffin for breakfast.
Totally into these tasty little cuties, and I know you’ll love them, too!
As the name suggests, this recipe comes together in the blender. THE BLENDER, YOU GUYS.
So easy. Stick all of the ingredients in, turn your blender on. Once you see that the ingredients have become a batter, you’re done!
Since this is such an easy recipe, let’s do a little deep dive into the ingredients:
- Bob’s Red Mill’s Egg Replacer –– I adore this stuff. It’s a powder that you mix with water, and you can use it as an egg replacer in so many baked good recipes. I have a bag in my pantry at all times because it’s so convenient and it works so well. In love.
- Bob’s Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats –– Oats are our “flour” here. And I love that. If you’ve been around Fooduzzi for any period of time, you’ll probably know that I devour oats daily. Honestly, nary a day goes by without me consuming Bob’s Red Mill’s oats in some form. I especially love them in muffin form like this!
- Medjool Dates –– Plump and juicy dates give us some natural sweetness. Love these!
- Oil –– Just a bit to keep everything nice and rich.
- Maple Syrup –– Again, for some more sweetness. These are muffins after all.
- Unsweetened Applesauce –– I don’t buy applesauce often (in fact, I’m pretty sure I only buy it when either Mark or I am sick), but I did for this recipe to lend a bit of apple flavor with no work at all. Just open the jar, measure, and dump into the blender. As simple as it gets.
- Baking Soda –– For some lift!
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla, and Salt –– Flavor to the max.
Seriously love when recipes are this simple!
To elevate these muffins, we’ll top them with a quick cinnamon sugar mixture. Optional but not really because I would cover everything in cinnamon sugar if I could.
You can quote me on that.
I’m very excited for you to try this easy recipe, my friend! I hope they bring you as much joy as they did for me. 😊Print
Vegan Apple Spice Blender Muffins
A crazy simple, wholesome vegan muffin recipe that comes together in a blender! Spiked with fall flavors and topped with a crunchy cinnamon sugar topping!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 muffins 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Vegan Egg Replacer
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup neutral oil like grapeseed
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- splash vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all of your muffin ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary.
- Mix your topping ingredients in a small bowl.
- Divide your muffin batter into six lined muffin cups, sprinkle a bit of your cinnamon sugar topping over the top of each, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when softly poked. Sprinkle any leftover cinnamon sugar over the top if you fancy.
- Allow to cool completely (seriously, don’t skip this step). I even like popping them in an air-tight container once they’ve cooled to room temperature and then sticking them in the fridge overnight. I think they have a better texture when cooled completely! Here’s what the texture looks like when chilled overnight:
Adapted from my pumpkin version!
Keywords: blender muffins, vegan muffins, apple muffins
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a free eCookbook featuring my best recipes!