Oh hey. It’s me, that girl who, a meer two weeks ago called ranch, and I quote, “thick blanket of goo.”
So there’s that. But then there’s this!
A vegan ranch that is super herby and dippable and so very yummy.
When it comes to ranch, I’m much more on #teamdunk than #teamdress, meaning I like to dip things into ranch, but I don’t love when it coats everything.
So salad? Not a great ranch vessel for me.
Is that crazy? Or are you with me?
Regardless, this vegan ranch is a winner on anything you put in, on, or around it.
And the best part? This is a super simple recipe. You’ll only need a few ingredients:
- Vegan Mayo –– I used the new avocado oil-based vegan mayo from Trader Joe’s, but you can use your fave. The flavors seem to differ quite a bit by brand, so be sure you choose one you like the flavor of!
- Unsweetened Plant Milk –– I used almond, but feel free to use your fave.
- Lemon Juice –– Use just enough to make your ranch a lil tangy. It’ll give it a buttermilk feel!
- Fresh Herbs –– Chives, parsley, and dill… this combo is so fresh and vibrant!
- Onion and Garlic Powder –– Just a little extra flavor power boost.
- Salt and Pepper –– Obv.
Once you whisk everything together, and this is important, be sure to let the dressing sit in the fridge for a few hours. Not only will it thicken up a bit, but the flavors will get to know one another and start to play together instead of competing with one another.
This recipe is fine when you first make it, but, much like yours truly, it really lets its true self shine through when it rests for a bit. Don’t skip this step!
An eeeeeeasy recipe perfect for any and all of your dipping, dunking, and drizzling needs. Hope you love it, friend!Print
Herby Vegan Ranch
A thick and creamy vegan ranch for all of your dipping, dunking, and drizzling needs!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 3/4 cup 1x
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Whisk
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a few grinds of freshly-ground pepper
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4+ cup unsweetened almond milk
- Combine your mayo, salt, pepper, dill, parsley, chives, lemon juice, onion powder, and garlic powder in a large bowl with a whisk. Drizzle in the almond milk, using it to loosen up the mixture. Add as much as you’d like to get to your desired texture, remembering that the dressing will thicken as it sits in the fridge.
- Cover your bowl (or, alternatively, pour your ranch into a container with a lid) and place it in the fridge for a minimum of four hours. The ranch will thicken and the flavors will combine nicely in that time.
- Remove the ranch from the fridge, taste, and adjust seasoning as necessary. Use on your favorite ranch vessels!
Keywords: vegan dressing, herb dressing
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!