And they couldn’t have come at a better time, right?
Because, um…it’s freezing outside. So you will find me snugged between fluffy homemade tortillas, crispy buffalo tofu, and a handful of other toppings and sides.
When life gives you cold weather, you stay inside to make and eat tacos.
And perfect timing, right?! Because football!
As a recap:
- If you’re watching the big game this weekend, you should make these tacos.
- If you’re stuck inside because of tundra-like temperatures, you should make these tacos.
- If you have a pulse, you should make these tacos.
Conclusion: You should just totally 100% make these tacos.
We’re taking the crispy Baked Buffalo Tofu recipe that I’m still freaking about, and the Homemade Whole Wheat Tortillas that I’ve made four times already, adding a few tasty extras, and calling it a taco party.
I kept it pretty simple. I used purple rice (!!), radishes, carrots, cilantro, mashed avocado, anddd a nice squeeze-o-lime. Plus a small dollop of hot sauce because I love the spice.
I think mashed black beans would be awesome here instead of rice. Not only will it give you a bit of a protein boost (mad gainz!), but it also cuts down on the already carb-happy meal you’re about to enjoy. Totally up to you, but that’s what I’ll do next time, so that’s how I wrote the recipe for ya.
Other awesome additions? Vegan Chipotle Crema, Black Bean Dip, Avocado Cucumber Salsa Verde, Vegan Queso Hummus, Warm & Creamy Vegan Queso, Crazy Addictive 4-Ingredient Lemon Tahini Sauce, and whatever your heart desires, my dear.
I firmly live by this life-motto: There’s no bad way to taco.
I adore these Buffalo Tofu Tacos so much. They’re spicy and flavorful, full of the best taco toppings, and way way too easy to eat.
Not to mention SUPER filling! Because we have quite a few nutrient-dense ingredients here like our homemade tortillas, tofu, and guac, you’ll be left feeling full and satisfied.
Now let’s get cozy with some tacos, shall we?Print
Vegan Buffalo Tofu Tacos
A filling, fresh, and spicy taco topped with all the things! Perfect for making-ahead so that mealtime is a breeze.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4-6 servings
- Category: Tacos
1 Easy Baked Buffalo Tofu recipe
1 Homemade Whole Wheat Tortilla recipe
2 avocados, mashed
salt + pepper
1 15-oz. can black beans, mashed
handful shredded carrot
1 radish, sliced thin
handful cilantro, minced
squeeze of fresh lime
extra ideas: Vegan Chipotle Crema, Black Bean Dip, Avocado Cucumber Salsa Verde, Vegan Queso Hummus, Warm & Creamy Vegan Queso, Crazy Addictive 4-Ingredient Lemon Tahini Sauce
- You can make the tofu in advance! Bake it and put it in the fridge overnight. Then just pop it in the oven until heated through. Tortillas are best fresh but can also be made in advance and heated through the next day.
- Season your mashed avocado with salt and pepper. Spread a thin layer of mashed avocado on each tortilla. Add black beans, carrot, tofu, radishes, hot sauce, and cilantro. Add a squeeze of lime juice and serve! Perfect with tortilla chips. Just sayin’.
Keywords: tacos, buffalo tofu tacos, vegan tacos
Join the Fooduzzi Fam!
I'll send you healthy takes on classic recipes, delectable recipe roundups, and more updates on my growing blog. You'll also receive a series where I share my top dinner, dessert, and snack recipes with you –– for free!