Happy New Year! I was never one to go to some crazy party and stay up until the wee hours of the morning on New Years Eve. I never really saw the point, and, honestly, I value sleep a little too much. But I did end up going to one of my favorite restaurants, Tamari, last night with a group of friends from high school. We had a wonderful time, and the food was, of course, fabulous.
Do you have any resolutions for the big ol’ 2015? I wouldn’t say that I have a resolution list, per-say…I more have a list of things to do before we reach 2016. I figured I wouldn’t be setting myself up to fail by expecting all of these aspects of my life to change overnight – I am giving myself the entire year to accomplish them. To hold me accountable to said goals, here are a few:
1. READ – I loved to read as a kid, but I have definitely gotten away from it after I started college. I have a huge list of books to read until I start my big-person job in the summer: The Bell Jar, The Great Gatsby, Fahrenheit 451, Gone Girl, The Power of Habit, etc….have any other suggestions?
2. Focus on the good and stay positive – huge one for me. I’m sometimes a Debbie-Downer…which is so no fun for anyone.
3. Have weekend plans – I like to grocery shop and watch Netflix a little too much. Having plans = branching out = meeting new people = goodness.
4. Write – One of my biggest passions in life is to put pen to paper. I’m hoping to dedicate a little more time to this blog, too.
5. Eat mindfully – which brings me to…